TeraSense at Optical Terahertz Science & Technology Conference in San Diego, CA March 8 – 13, 2015
The sixth international workshop on Optical Terahertz Science and Technology (OTST 2015) is being held in San Diego, California, USA from March 8th - 13th, 2015. OTST is held every two years with the previous five conferences located in Orlando, Florida, USA (2005, 2007), Santa Barbara, California, USA (2009, 2011) and, most recently, Kyoto, Japan (2013).
There have been exciting developments at terahertz frequencies in the past two years, and the goal of this conference is to bring together researchers from all over the world to discuss advances ranging from cutting edge sensing and detection to nonlinear dynamics in multifunctional materials. The talks and poster sessions will cover these advances with ample time for in-depth discussions amongst colleagues. In addition, on March 8th there will be an introductory workshop/tutorial for students and those who are new to the world of THz science and technology.
Contemporary topics include:
- THz near-field microscopy
- Novel THz metamaterials and plasmonics devices
- Time-resolved terahertz spectroscopy
- High-field THz physics and nonlinear optics
- Advances in THz quantum cascade lasers
- THz-based molecular, biomolecular, and liquid phase spectroscopy
- THz imaging and nondestructive evaluation
- Terahertz nanomaterial characterization
- Portal security applications
- Terahertz communications
- Terahertz waveguides